After you buy a SSL from Godaddy, there are a few things you should do to make sure your site is as secure as possible. In this article, we’ll outline the different steps you need to take, and explain what each one means for your site’s security.
How to Buy a SSL from Godaddy
When you buy a SSL from Godaddy, you have a few options. You can choose between a regular or extended SSL. The regular SSL lasts for one year, while the extended SSL lasts for two years. You can also purchase a certificate bundle, which includes both a regular and an extended SSL certificate.
How to Activate and Use Your SSL
If you’ve just bought a SSL from Godaddy, or any other SSL provider, the first thing to do is to activate it! This simply involves supplying your unique SSL activation code to the provider. Once activated, your new SSL will be enabled and ready to use.
Here are a few tips on how to get started using your new SSL:
- Always use a secure connection when browsing the web. Using an SSL will protect your data from being intercepted by third parties.
- Make sure that your browser is up-to-date. Many browsers now offer built-in support for secure browsing, so updating your software is always recommended.
- Ensure that all of your online accounts are protected with an SSL. This includes both personal and business accounts.
How to Verify Your Domain With Godaddy
If you have just purchased a SSL from Godaddy, there are a few things that you should do in order to verify your domain with them.
- The first step is to go to the Godaddy verification page and enter the information for your domain. You will need to provide your domain name, the full WHOIS information, and the date of purchase.
- Once you have entered all of this information, you will be taken to a page that asks you to upload a copy of your SSL certificate.
- Click on the link in the “Request an SSL Certificate” box and you will be taken to a page where you can upload your certificate.
- Once you have uploaded your certificate, you will be taken to another page that tells you how long it will take for Godaddy to process your request and send you an email confirming that they have received it.
SSL Certificate | Secure Your Data & Transactions
If you’re new to buying SSL certificates, there are a few things to keep in mind. First and foremost, make sure that you’re buying from a reputable source – like Godaddy. After you’ve bought your certificate, you need to install it on your website. Here’s how:
First, access your website’s root directory (usually located at “/”). Then, open the file “index.html” in a text editor, and find the following line:
Replace this line with the following code:
Next, open the file “config.inc.php” in your text editor and find the following line:
$args[‘ssl’] = array( ‘keyfile’ => ‘/path/to/your/private/keyfile’, ‘certificate’ => ‘/path/to/your/cert
Get an SSL certificate
When you buy a SSL certificate from Godaddy, you’ll need to go through their SSL installation process. After that, you can start using your new certificate by following these steps:
1. Log in to your Godaddy account.
2. Click on the Protection tab and then click on the Certificates link.
3. On the Certificates page, click on the Manage link next to your newly purchased certificate.
4. On the Manage page, under My certificates, click on the Trust link next to your newly purchased certificate.
5. Click on the Settings button next to your newly purchased certificate and then make sure that it is set to Use for all websites.
6. Click on the OK button to save your changes.