When you go to purchase an SSL certificate, you’ll likely be asked to choose between a “standard” and “extended” certificate. What’s the difference?
Standard SSL certificates are shorter in length (30 days vs. 1 year) and cost less per year. They’re also good for small businesses with just a few pages of website traffic.
Extended SSL certificates are longer in length (1 year vs. 30 days) and cost more per year. They’re ideal for businesses with a lot of website traffic, as they provide a higher level of security.
What is an SSL Certificate?
An SSL certificate is a digital certificate that provides security and privacy for websites. It can help protect your information from being intercepted by unauthorized users and it can also help ensure that your website is recognized by Google, Yahoo! and other search engines.
What is a TLS Certificate?
A TLS certificate is used to encrypt data between your browser and the website you are visiting.
A TLS certificate is also required for streaming media such as Netflix and Hulu.
What are the benefits of buying an SSL Certificate?
SSL certificates are an important part of online security and can help protect your website against cyberattacks. Here are some of the benefits of buying an SSL certificate:
- SSL certificates help protect your website against cyberattacks.
- SSL certificates make your website appear more trustworthy to visitors.
- SSL certificates increase traffic to your website.
What are the benefits of buying a TLS Certificate?
If you’re planning on using SSL connections to protect your website, then you’ll need a TLS certificate. A TLS certificate is a type of certificate that shows that the website is using secure protocols. Here are some of the benefits of buying a TLS certificate:
- Secure communication: A TLS certificate will help ensure that your website’s communications are secure.
- Robust security: TLS certificates are typically more robust than other types of certificates, meaning that they’re less likely to be compromised.
- Increased trustworthiness: A TLS certificate will increase the trustworthiness of your website overall.
If you’re running a business and need an SSL certificate to secure your website, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, make sure that the certificate provider offers a wide range of certificates with different levels of security. Second, be sure to read the terms and conditions carefully before buying a certificate. Third, be aware of the cost associated with getting an SSL certificate – it isn’t always cheap. Finally, make sure you have any questions about your purchase answered by the provider before you buy – if not, don’t hesitate to contact them.