What is SSL On Weebly? – Before We Get Into The Topic ,Lets Learn Some Basic Of This Topic
Allow Sites to Use SSL
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is a security layer that encrypts all data sent between the browser and the web server providing the page. During a web session, this encryption helps prevent hackers from intercepting and collecting information.
While Weebly’s store checkout pages are always provided securely with SSL, we strongly advise that you use SSL for your complete site. SSL can be enabled or disabled for a site in the editor’s General Settings section.
This option is available for Weebly-hosted sites on the Starter level or higher. Let’s Encrypt is a free SSL certificate provider that Weebly employs for all of its sites. You have discretion over which plans support SSL if you host your sites, and you’ll need to use the API to make this option available to your clients.
Depending on how your sites are hosted, SSL operates in a different way (more on the different hosting options here).
The SSL option does not appear on the General settings page for self-hosted sites. To enable the SSL option, you must use the Site API and alter a site’s record. Allow ssl is set to true using the PATCH endpoint.
Consider the following scenario:
The option shows on the Settings screen after you make the call. More information on how to use the Site API may be found here.
The.htaccess file is modified when SSL is enabled to force all traffic to utilise HTTPS. Weebly does not supply an SSL certificate, so you’ll need to get one from a third party. Visitors will receive a broken SSL certificate notification and will be unable to access the site if you do not provide the certificate.
Using the API, you may determine whether sites have the option of using SSL.
Regardless of how SSL is configured for the site, the checkout flow always uses HTTPS if the site has a store. This flow, however, will not be on the site’s domain. Checkout.weebly.com will always be available. The site’s domain will be used for all other pages.
What is SSL On Weebly? – Weebly-hosted
- The SSL certificate is providedhttps://ssl.reviews/top-10-ssl-certificate-providers/ by Weebly.
- Any site on the Starter or above level has the option to enable SSL.
- Whether or not the site has SSL enabled, the checkout flow always uses HTTPs if it has a shop. If the site’s SSL option is turned off, the checkout flow’s URL is checkout.weebly.com. The site’s own domain is used if this option is enabled.
- Weebly tries to instal the SSL certificate on the domain’s IP address. However, in some circumstances, the IP address will need to be changed. When this happens, you’ll be prompted to update your DNS settings to point to the new IP address.
- Domain information should be updated.
You can ask your registrar to alter the IP address using the email template provided, or manually edit the A record using your registrar’s site or tool. You’ll need to return to the editor’s Settings page to enable SSL after that modification has been made.
It’s worth noting that SSL can take up to 48 hours to set up. If provisioning appears to have stalled and you’ve had to change your IP address, it’s possible that the new IP address hasn’t yet been propagated. Consult your registrar for more information. If that isn’t the case, see the Let’s Encrypt page for a list of typical problems.