What Is Positive SSL Name Cheap? – Before We Get Into The Topic, let’s Learn Some Basic Of This Topic
How do I activate an SSL certificate?
Steps to get the SSL certificate activated
You’ll need a CSR code created on your server by your hosting provider before you can start with the SSL activation. You can also generate one by following our instructions on
Important tips before you activate SSL
- Before you activate SSL, there are a few things you should know.
- Check with your hosting provider to see if third-party SSL certificates are supported.
- For SSL installation, certain hosting companies may still demand a dedicated IP address. As a result, please double-check this with the server provider.
- Note that the dedicated IP is not necessary for SSL installation on Namecheap hosting because all of our servers are equipped with SNI technology.
- Make a note of where you got the RSA private key that came with your CSR code because you’ll need it for the installation. Without this code, you won’t be able to install the certificate.
- Please read this page if you are using Namecheap hosting services.
- Note: You can activate the renewal certificate from the SSL Certificates list or the Domain List with the All Products option selected at the top.
- Log in to your Namecheap account and begin the activation process after you have a CSR code:
- Select Dashboard by hovering your mouse over your account username in the upper left corner.
- Open the SSL Certificates tab next.