Verified Mark Certificates and BIMI Standards
When it comes to the veracity of information, we tend to rely on only well-known sources. When reading information on social media, you know which sources to trust; yes, we’re talking about verified accounts on social media. Certifying Authorities have taken the effort to offer verified mark certifications for brands to show their brand logo in the email inbox, in order to reduce the ever-increasing phishing frauds in the inbox.
Google has pledged its full support to the initiative in order to make this difficult endeavour a reality. To display the verification mark within email clients, this capability will leverage BIMI standards (Brand Indicators for Message Identification).
For authenticated messages, BIMI provides a safe, global architecture that allows email inboxes to display sender-designated logos. It also has safeguards in place to prevent senders from imitating the logos of other firms.
What are the advantages of using BIMI?
End-users and marketers throughout the world benefit from BIMI in a variety of ways.
- BIMI can help to reduce the frequency of phishing scams.
- By utilising existing email authentication technologies such as SPF, DKIM, and DMARC, it improves email security.
- Because of brand recall, any marketer’s email has a good chance of being read first.
- When a recipient sees a verified emblem next to the sender name, it boosts their confidence.
- What exactly are VMCs (Verified Mark Certificates)?
- Verified Mark Certificates, or VMCs, are a type of digital certificate that allows your company to display a logo in email clients. This enables businesses to display verified logos (brand logos) in email clients’ sender fields. The BIMI standards are worked on by VMCs. The image below depicts how your email clients will display your brand logos when VMC is implemented.
In Use: The Verified Mark Certificate Verified Mark Certificate Benefits (VMC)
Brand Recall that Sticks
Your customers will have a hard time forgetting your brand. Your clients will see your brand emblem and associate it with trust when they use VMC. This instantly reinforces your brand’s image in the minds of your customers and leads to a loyal consumer base.
More business = more trust
Customers enjoy purchasing with a well-known brand. So, what’s the point of stopping? Your clients will bring you more business if you use VMC since they trust your brand more. Additionally, stumbling across your brand every time you send an email draws a large number of potential customers.
You’ll see a 10% increase in email engagement.
According to BIMI, which has been used by leading organisations throughout the world, your brand’s email opening rates will increase by 10%. Furthermore, it enables your clients to transact with the genuine YOU and avoid falling prey to phishing scams.
In a crowded inbox, stand out!
Displaying your logo draws attention to your company. Indeed, your emails are no longer disregarded. Additionally, because your brand logo is the first thing customers see in their inbox, you attract additional customers every day.
Comply with the DMARC protocol.
Demonstrate the greatest level of email security by complying with DMARC. This helps to prevent bad actors from using identity-based attacks like spoofing and phishing to target your consumers.
How can I get VMCs (Verified Mark Certificates)?
As of currently, neither Google nor the BIMI organisation has announced a particular deployment date. According to Google, pilot testing has begun and will be available to the general public by the end of 2021. VMCs that display BIMI standard logos would be required by an organisation.
Contact us if you wish to register for BIMI and get a lot of VMC. We will contact you as soon as possible with all pertinent information.