Ransomware Recovery at Sodinokibi
Is your network infected by Sodinokibi ransomware? It could be an emergency, but don’t panic. We can provide all the information you need regarding Sodinokibi encryption, recovery, removal, and statistics. Get a free quote or read our ransomware recovery guide.
Do not wait to cause more damage to your network.
How can I tell if Sodinokibi Ransomware is infected?
Sodinokibi/REvil Ransomware Trojans encrypt your whole network and specific machines of value. After being alerted to an attack, you will be instructed to pay a ransom amount to unlock your files.
This virus was first identified on 17 April 2019. The gang responsible for it is allegedly theGOLD SOUTHFIELD group deploy ransomware-as-service model to distribute exploit kits, attack RDP servers that are not protected, and install backdoor payloads. Researchers suspect that REvil may be closely connected to the GandCrab ransomware variant.
- Here is how REvil / Sodinokibi ransomware infects your computer or network:
- A popup message informs you about encryption and ransom.
- SodinokibiChange the filename extensions0.686l0tek69
- Your wallpaper will be updated.
- You will receive:686l0tek69-HOW-TO-DECRYPT.txtSend a message to the ransom payment address and request your files be recovered.
- Peak CPU utilization is at 100%
- Your system will be extremely slow if your hard drives keep processing data in the background.
- It is difficult to open any other application, even your antivirus software.
What do I do if my data is encrypted by Sodinokibi Ransomware
- To stop the spread of ransomware encryption, disconnect your systems immediately and isolate backup hard drives. For more information, visit the Ransomware Information site.
- It is not a good idea to try to contact ransomware criminals to retrieve your files. This will only make things worse.
- Get in touch with experts right away to assess the damage, review recovery options, and prevent costly consequences.