Demo Ransomware Virus (Removal Steps and Protection Updates)
The demo ransomware is a new ransomware strain that was discovered recently by malware researcher Karsten Han. It demands payment in bitcoin. According to the publicly available information, this malware is a proof-of-concept infection that was most likely developed by inexperienced computer programmers because it only affects files with the JPG file extension.
The virus encrypts the target user’s data and appends the. encrypted extension to it, after which it displays a ransom note that has been placed in the HELP YOUR FILES.txt file, which is then deleted. Although the message is written in German, an approximate machine translation reveals the following:
- There were a total of 0 of your image files that were AES-256 encrypted.
- Only we have the capability of restoring your files.
- Make a payment of 0.5 Bitcoin to the address https://www.criminall-website.ru/.
- Bitcoin address that has been specified.
- Following receipt of payment, you will be provided with a program that will allow you to restore your files.
- It is possible to recover.
- You’ll need the following information to get started.
Distribution of Ransomware in Demonstration
The Demo Ransomware malware has only been identified in a very small number of instances. We believe that the most likely infection vector is email spam that has been generated by the criminals who created the threat.
Demonstration of Ransomware Removal
Use an advanced malware removal tool to scan for and remove Demo completely with just a few mouse clicks if you need an expedient solution.
STEP ONE: Boot the computer into Safe Mode with Networking.
This will isolate all of the files and objects created by the ransomware, allowing them to be removed as quickly as possible.
1) Press the WIN + R keys at the same time.
2) A Run window will appear on the screen. Enter the word “MSConfig” into the text box and then press Enter.
3) A Configuration box will appear. Click on it to proceed. It has in it Select the “Boot” tab from the drop-down menu.
4) Select the “Safe Boot” option and then select “Network” from the drop-down menu that appears.
5) Click on Apply -> OK.
Alternatively, watch our video guide on “How to start a computer in Safe Mode with Networking.”
STEP TWO: Make Hidden Files Visible
1) Go to My Computer/This PC and click on the Start button.
2) Microsoft Windows 7 – Select “Folder and search options” from the drop-down menu after clicking on the “Organize” button. Choose the “View” tab from the drop-down menu. Select the “Show hidden files and folders” option from the “Hidden files and folders” drop-down menu.
3) Windows 8/ 10 operating system
– Go to the “View” tab and select the “Hidden items” option.
display hidden files in Windows 8 and 10 4) Click the “Apply” and then the “OK” buttons.
STEP III: Open the Windows Task Manager and terminate any malicious processes that are running.
1) Press the keys on your keyboard in the following order: CTRL+SHIFT+ESC
2) Navigate to the “Processes” section.
“Open File Location” should be selected from the context menu when a suspicious process is identified.
4) Return to the Task Manager and terminate the malicious process there. Select “End Process” from the context menu of the right-clicked item.
You should then go to that folder and delete any malicious files that are present therein.
STEP FOUR: Using SpyHunter Anti-Malware Tool, completely remove Demo Ransomware from your computer.
A demo can only be removed manually if you are familiar with system files and registry entries. Remove any important data from your system at your own risk of causing permanent system damage. Prevent this from occurring by removing Demo ransomware with the help of the SpyHunter malware removal tool.
The SpyHunter anti-malware tool will scan the computer and identify any threats that are currently present. By purchasing the full version, you will be able to instantly remove any malware threats that may have infected your computer. Help with uninstalling SpyHunter / Additional information on the SpyHunter program
STEP V: Restore the Windows Registry to its original state
1) Once more, press the Windows Button and the R key combination at the same time.
2) Type “Regedit” (without the inverted commas) in the box and press Enter. 3) Press CTRL+F and then type the malicious name in the search type field to locate the malicious executable.
4) If you have discovered registry keys and values associated with the name, you should delete them, taking care not to delete any legitimate keys or values in the process.
Additional assistance with Windows Registry repair
STEP SIX: RESTORE DESTROYED FILE SYSTEMS
1) Make use of current backups
Use File History to restore your files. To do so, press the WIN key and then type “restore your files” in the search box. Choose “Restore your files with File History” from the drop-down menu. Select a folder or enter the name of the file in the search bar to locate it.
Restore your files using the File History feature of the best security search – Click on the “Restore” button.
3) Making use of a System Restore Point
– Press the Windows key and then select “Open System Restore” and follow the on-screen instructions.
Preventive security measures are the seventh step.
1) Enable and configure your Firewall properly.
2) Install and keep up-to-date a dependable anti-malware program.
3) Make sure your web browser is secure.
4) Check for and install any software updates that are made available regularly.
5) Turn off macros in Microsoft Office documents.
6) Make use of complex passwords.
No attachments or links should be opened unless you are certain they will be safe to do so.
8) Make regular backups of your data.