Step 1 : Create the Signing Certificate Request
- Control Panel open Microsoft IIS Server
- Right-click the location you want to generate the CSR for, pick Properties.
- Click on the Security Directory tab, and then press Server Certificate under Secure Communications.
- Select Create a new choice for the certificate, and press Next.
- Pick ‘Prepare request now but submit it later’ and press Next.
- In the Name text box, add the name of a server certificate or common name, pick the bit length at 2048-bit, and click Next.
- Then add the complete name of your company and unit and click the Next button.
Now add the domain name and push the Next button in the common name tab.
- Use country name, add city and state one by one and press Next button.
- Add a file name and save it with a.txt extension at a specific location, and then press Next.
- Now create the CSR file and add it to the position you’ve added.
In a zip file or separately, the Certificate Authority ( CA) has issued the server certificate, intermediate certificate, and root certificate. Extract and save those files to a specific location.
Step 2: SSL Certificate build on Microsoft IIS 5 & 6
- The Manager of the Open IIS service
- Right-click the CSR website you recently created and click the Properties
- Now click on the Security Directory tab, and press the Certificates Server button.
- Select Process and install the pending file, and press Next.
- Now, you need to search the location of your recently extracted SSL Certificate file here.
- To install the SSL Certificate press the OK button.
Finally, created your CSR, and enabled SSL Certificate on IIS 5 & 6 Server.
You can use our free SSL Certificate Checker Tool to test the installation of SSL Certificates.
Step 3: Download IIS Interim Certification
- Open the folder where you have stored all of the CA ‘s certificate files.
- Double-click on the Certificate tab
- To start the installation process click on Install Certificate button.
- Select Put all certificates in the following store in the Import certificate wizard, and press the Browse button.
- Check box Show physical stores
- Expand folder of intermediate Authorities for Certification.
- Select Local Machine and then press OK > Finish button.
- Reboot IIS Server.