Please mark the following points before beginning the Installation process
- Buy / Renew a Trusted SSL Certificate Authority (CA) certificate.
- Save the CA-provided SSL Certificate files to a particular location.
How to Build CSR on FileZilla Server
- Log in via the SSH (Secure Shell) terminal to your FileZilla server
- Now execute the next line of code
openssl req –new –newkey rsa:2048 –nodes –keyout server.key –out server.csr
- This code starts CSR generation and Private Key File generation.
- You are asked by the program to add the generic name, that is where you select the domain name.
- If the system prompts you to add the information about the organization together with the location, add your business’ full address or location.
- The now developed and called Private Key and CSR: server.key and server.csr.
- Change their name and save them to a particular location; change the file name Todomain.key and domain.csr.
FileZilla Server SSL Certificate Installation Process
- Log in to your FileZilla Server.
- Now, click Edit > Settings
- The FileZilla Server Options window will appear
- Click SSL/TLS certificate in the bottom left corner.
- Mark FTP over SSL/TLS support (FTPS).
- Now find and select the Private Key file and SSL Certificate file.
- Mark Allow explicit FTP over TLS and Disallow plain unencrypted FTP
- Click on OK
- Your SSL Certificate is now installed on your FileZilla Server.