How To Save SSL Certificate From Website?
How To Save SSL Certificate From Website? – Before we get into the topic, lets learn some basics of this topic.
How to download the SSL certificate from a website?
An SSL certificate is a digital certificate that authenticates a website and enables a secure encrypted connection to be established. Websites can be made more secure by using SSL certificates. HTTPS is the secure version of HTTP, and HTTPS websites are those that use SSL/TLS to encrypt their traffic.
Let’s look at how to get an SSL certificate for any secured portal on both Windows and Mac in this tutorial.
Follow the steps to download the SSL certificate in Windows using the Chrome browser
- Since this is a secured network, open a Chrome browser and enter the portal address with HTTPS.
- For instance, go to https://MyServer.esri.com.
- Now, on the left of the URL, click the lock button to see the Certificate (valid)
- To access the following popup, click View Certificate.
- Go to the Certification Path page and look at the certificate chain there.
- Select the parent certificate and double-click it.
- Select Copy to File… from the Details pane, which will launch the Certificate Export Wizard.
- Click Next, then select the Base-64 encoded format you want to use, and then click Next.
- Click Save after selecting the directory where the certificate should be saved.
- When you click Finish, you’ll see that the export was successful. Click OK.
- Now go to the directory where the certificate was saved, and send it as an attachment to anyone via email, where they can install it on their device.
Note: Internet Explorer can be used to complete the same tasks.
Using the Safari browser on a Mac, follow the steps to download the SSL certificate.
- Because this is a secure network, open a Safari browser and enter the portal address with HTTPS.
- If you don’t have the certificate installed yet, you should get a warning message.
- Select Show Details and then the link. Look at the certificate.
- A window containing the certificate’s details will appear.
- Simply drag and drop the thumbnail onto your computer’s desktop.
- You can now send this as an attachment through email to anyone and install it on the appropriate device as needed.