Many websites use a MySql database in order to easily customize and manage a large amounts of data. In technical terms, it’s referred to as the relational database management system and as it is open source, people find it easy to use without any copyright issues. For sites that require constant news uploading, information sharing, and more, using the SQL database becomes mandatory. But, when massive data is present on a single website, the issue related to installing SSL certificates effectively becomes a question. This guide will explore steps involved in successfully getting it through and making sure that the information you share on your website is encrypted for maximum protection.
The Beginner’s Guide To SSL Certificates Installation
- Often users find it difficult to complete installing the SSL certificates because it cannot be done default in Cpanel. You have to start off by enabling it. Even though most of the servers have upgraded to the latest version, you should too in order to make use of the new features.
- In WHM version 11.36, you have a feature added by default. All that is need to be done is to go to the options SSL/TLS to Install SSL certificates and setup the domain.
- A simple rule is that you will be allowed to install only one cert and private key for an IP address. A dedicated IP address is a must to successfully complete this installation. Shared certification is an entirely different process and requires manual tweakings.
- Under Install domain box, fill in your default domain which you want to secure. Once you indicate the domain, WHM will automatically fill the rest of the columns which you can edit.
- Choose the best SSL certificate that you like to install. Those from reputed certificate authorities have better value.
- Using the Fetch button is a good option if you like the server to suggest filling the empty boxes. This can be done if no information is provided by default.
- The private key is your identification number and it should match with the cert. In case you make changes to your default certificate, you should change the key as well or else it will not install.
- Complete the IP address and use the CA bundle provided by the company where you got the SSL certificates. Click submit.