How To Install SSL Certificate On Godaddy? – Before We Get Into The Topic , let’s Learn Some Basic Of This Topic
How To Install A Free SSL Certificate On a GoDaddy Website?
In this article, we’ll go over how to get a free SSL certificate from GoDaddy. We’re writing because we frequently read the following query on Reddit and Facebook: “Is there any way to avoid the $70.00 per year GoDaddy SSL certificate by installing a free one myself?” The basic solution to this question is that installing a free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate will allow you to skip the GoDaddy SSL certificate. We’ll go over how to do that in detail in this blog post.
Why Do I Want SSL?
In the year 2020, having an SSL certificate set up on your domain will be a must. The SSL certificate is used to encrypt and protect sensitive data or information. Only the intended recipient of this data can decrypt it, making it safe for your website users to submit sensitive information like credit card numbers and addresses. Any data that website visitors input can be easily captured by hostile actors if you don’t have an SSL certificate.
Google declared in July 2018 that any websites without an SSL certificate would be marked as insecure. Many browsers followed suit, and if your website doesn’t have an SSL certificate installed, you’ll see a padlock with a red X through it, as well as a message that reads something to the effect of “this website is not safe, you should not trust it.” Not only does this undermine your trust, but it also has SEO repercussions, and your website is no longer secure. Hackers can easily steal data and even modify the structure of your website to grab crucial information from unwitting users.
When your website has an SSL certificate, the URL will be HTTPS (rather than HTTP) and the padlock will be green, with the phrase secure shown. This implies that any information submitted on or received over the website is encrypted and secure, and visitors may trust it.
We won’t get into the technical details of what an SSL certificate is. This post will show you how to get a free SSL certificate for your GoDaddy website and avoid paying the $70 to $300 per year fee.
Manually install an SSL certificate on my cPanel hosting
- Download your certificate from the SSL manager and save the. crt file somewhere simple to find if you haven’t already.
Go to the product page for your GoDaddy account.
Select Web Hosting, then Manage for the cPanel account where the SSL will be installed.
- Choose cPanel Admin from the drop-down menu.
- Select SSL/TLS in the Security section.
- Select Generate, view, upload, or delete SSL certificates from the Certificates (CRT) menu.
- Choose File in the Upload a New Certificate area and navigate to the. crt file you downloaded in step 1. Choose Open after selecting the file.
- Fill in the Description text box with a certificate description if desired.
- Choose Upload Certificate from the menu.
- Select Go Back once you’ve received confirmation that the certificate has been saved.
- Select Return to SSL Manager at the bottom of the SSL Certificates page.
- Select Manage SSL Sites from the Install and Manage SSL for your site (HTTPS) menu.
- Select Browse Certificates from the Install an SSL Website option.
- Select Use Certificate after selecting the certificate you want to activate. The fields for the certificate will be auto-filled as a result of this.
- Select Install Certificate at the bottom of the page.
- Select OK on the Successfully Installed pop-up.