Domain name registration is a fundamental part of owning a website. And while there are many ways to get free ssl when you purchase a domain, we’ve found the best and simplest way.
How to get free ssl when you buy a new domain
When you purchase a new domain name, it is important to make sure that you are getting the most up-to-date security features. For example, if you are purchasing a .com, .net, or .org domain name, make sure to get an SSL certificate. This will ensure that your information is secure when visiting your site online. Additionally, many web hosts offer free SSL certificates for all their customers. So be sure to ask about this option when signing up for your web hosting account.
What is a domain name?
Domain names are the unique identifiers of websites. They are created with a combination of letters and numbers, like example.com. You can buy a domain name from a domain name registrar like GoDaddy, or you can get it free when you create a new website.)
When you buy a domain name from a registrar, the registrar assigns you a registration (or renewal) date and password. You need this information to register your domain with DNS. When you create your website, you need to provide the domain name and the registration date and password to the hosting provider. The hosting provider will give you an SSL certificate for your website.
The steps for getting free SSL certification when you purchase a new domain are as follows:
1. Verify that your web server is compatible with HTTPS. A valid certificate from an authorized SSL provider will be required in order to enable HTTPS on your web server. If your web server is not compatible with HTTPS, please contact your hosting provider for assistance in upgrading your web server to support HTTPS.
2. Purchase an SSL certificate from an authorized SSL provider.
3. Register your domain name with DNS using the registration date and password that was provided by the registrar when you
How to purchase a domain name
If you’re looking to purchase a domain name and get free SSL, your best bet is probably to go with a company like NameCheap. They offer a variety of domain name options, including free SSL, and they always have the latest deals available.
Another option is to buy a domain name directly from the domain registrar. This route may be cheaper, but it can also be more complicated because you’ll need to know what domains are available and which ones are in high demand.
Whatever route you choose, make sure to read up on the specific details of your chosen domain before making your purchase. You don’t want to end up spending more money than necessary or ending up with an undesirable domain name that you can’t use.
How to activate your domain name
If you are purchasing a domain name, the process of activating it is always a quick and easy affair. All you need to do is send in your purchase confirmation email and login details to the web host. Once you’re logged in, you will need to head to the Domain Name Manager (DNM) and input your new domain into the account settings. The process is simple and takes just a few minutes. After that, simply visit the SSL tab on your hosting provider’s control panel to activate your SSL certificate. You’re ready to start using your new domain!
How to protect your domain name
Domain name security is one of the most important aspects of owning a website. Protecting your domain name from theft, hacking, and other malicious activities is key to keeping your business online and thriving. Here are some tips for securing your domain name:
- Register your domain name with a reputable registrar.
- Ensure that your domain name is available and accessible from all relevant IP addresses.
- Install a firewall and anti-virus software on your computer and any devices used to access the internet.
- Keep up to date with the latest security patches and advisories.
How to transfer your domain name
If you’re buying a new domain name, you may be wondering how to transfer your existing domain over to the new registrar. Here’s how:
1. Log into your existing domain registrar account.
2. Click on the “Domains” tab, and then click on the “Transfers” button.
3. On the “Transfers” page, select the “Transfer My Domain Name” button.
4. On the “Transfer My Domain Name” page, you’ll need to provide the following information:
- The domain name you want to transfer (for example, example.com)
- Your current registrar’s website address (for example, www.example.com)
- Your new registrar’s website address (for example, mynewregistrar.com)
- The original expiration date of your domain name (for example, 2020-01-01)
5. On the “Transfer My Domain Name” page, you’ll be provided with detailed instructions on how to complete the transfer process.
When you purchase a domain name, it’s important to make sure that the SSL certificate is included so that your web site can be securely connected. If you’re not familiar with what an SSL certificate is and why it’s important, be sure to read our guide on how to get free ssl when you buy a new domain. Congratulations on your new website!