A secure website is essential for businesses of all sizes. When you visit a site that is not secure, your information (including your personal information) can be stolen and used to exploit other sites on the internet. In this article, we will show you how to buy and install a SSL certificate on Windows IIS 8.
What is SSL certificate?
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificates are used to encrypt data that travels between your computer and a website. This helps to ensure that your data is safe from interception by third parties.
To purchase an SSL certificate, you first need to find the right provider. There are several providers available, and each has its own set of features and prices. Once you have found a provider, you will need to create an account and select a certificate type.
To install an SSL certificate, you will need to install the Certificate Services Control Panel on your computer. This panel contains instructions on how to install and use SSL certificates.
What are the benefits of SSL certificates?
SSL (Security Socket Layer) certificates are a type of security certificate that helps protect your website from cyberattacks. They encrypt the data that is sent between your website and the browser, which makes it harder for hackers to steal information.
There are a number of benefits to using SSL certificates:
- They help to protect your website from snooping by third parties. This is because hackers cannot easily see the information that is being sent between your website and the browser.
- They help to protect your website from phishing attacks. Phishing is a type of cyberattack in which thieves try to steal personal information from users by masquerading as a trusted site. If someone tries to log in to your site using their credentials, they will be prompted for an SSL certificate instead.
- They can help to prevent your website from being blocked by certain ISPs. Certain ISPs use automated filters to block websites that they believe are harmful or illegal. If you use an SSL certificate, their filters will not be able to block your site.
How to buy and install an SSL certificate on Windows 8
In this article, we will show you how to buy and install an SSL certificate on Windows 8.1.
First, you will need to purchase an SSL certificate from a reputable certification authority. Once you have bought the certificate, you will need to install it on your Windows 8.1 computer.
To install the SSL certificate, follow these steps:
1) Open the Start screen and search for “certificates”.
2) Click on the “Certificates” link that appears in the search results.
3) On the Certificates screen that opens, click on the “New Certificate” button.
Select “Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise” from the computer type list. (If your computer is not listed in this list, select “Windows Server 2012 R2 Enterprise” instead.) 5) In the “Name” field, enter a name for your new certificate (for example, “SSL-Certificate”). 6) In the “Description” field,
SSL certificates are a vital part of securing your website against cybercrime. If you haven’t already done so, it’s time to get yourself set up with an ssl certificate. In this article, we’ll show you how to buy and install an ssl certificate on Windows IIS 8. We also have a video that walks you through the entire process.