If you’re looking to set up a website but don’t have the time or resources to do it yourself, you may be wondering if there’s a way to get help from the internet giant that started it all – Amazon. In this article, we’ll show you how to host your website on Amazon’s AWS platform after you’ve already purchased an SSL certificate and domain from Godaddy.
How can I add an SSL certificate when my hosting is on AWS but the DNS management is on GoDaddy?
If your hosting is on AWS, you can add an SSL certificate by following these instructions:
- Log in to your AWS account.
- In the navigation bar at the top of the screen, select Security & Compliance.
- In the Security & Compliance area, select Certificates.
- In the Certificates section, under SSL Certificates, click Create Certificate.
- On the Certificate Creation page, enter the required information and click Create Certificate.
- On the Summary page, review the information and click OK to continue.
- On the Certificate Details page, under Properties, click X509 Certificate to view the certificate details.
- Under Protocols, select TLS 1.2 (Server Name Indication).
- Under Details, under Server Type Selection, select Web Server (IIS) for Windows Server 2008 or later and click OK to continue.
- In IIS Manager on your computer, open the Sites folder and locate your website’s .NET Application folder (for example C:\Program Files\Microsoft IIS\Web Server\v6). Right-
How to buy an SSL certificate and domain from Godaddy
There’s no need to purchase both an SSL certificate and domain separately when you can buy them together from Godaddy. Just follow these easy steps:
1. Sign up for a Godaddy account.
2. Click on the “Domains” tab on your dashboard and select the “Buy a domain” button.
3. Enter the domain name that you want to purchase, select the type of domain (e.g. .com, .net, .org), and click on the “Buy this domain” button.
4. On the next page, click on the “SSL Certificates” tab and select the “Buy an SSL certificate” button.
5. Select the type of SSL certificate (e.g. Standard or Advanced) and click on the “Buy this SSL certificate” button.
6. On the next page, enter your information and click on the “Create my order” button to complete your purchase!
Manually install an SSL certificate on my AWS Server
If you’re like most small business owners, you probably don’t have the technical expertise to set up an SSL certificate on your own web server. And if you do have the technical expertise, you might not want to bother because it can be a hassle to keep your certificate up-to-date and properly configured. That’s where AWS comes in! You can easily install an SSL certificate on your AWS server using the Certificate Manager tool. Here’s how:
1) Log into your AWS account. If you don’t have an AWS account, you can create one here.
2) Go to the Amazon Web Services Certificate Manager page.
3) On the left side of the page, choose “Create a new certificate.”
4) In the “Name” field, enter a name for your certificate. For example, “My Website Certificate.”
5) In the “Location” field, choose a location on your AWS instance where you want to store your certificate files. For example, we’ll choose “/usr/local/cacerts/.aws/”.
6) In the “Type” field, choose “SSL.”
7) In the “Description” field, enter
How to set up your AWS account
If you’re new to AWS, or just looking for a refresher, check out our comprehensive AWS guide. In this blog post we’ll show you how to set up your AWS account, complete with a tutorial on creating an EC2 instance and setting up an S3 bucket. To recap, here are the steps:
1. Sign up for an AWS account at https://aws.amazon.com/
2. Click on the “Create New Account” link in the top-left corner of the page.
3. Enter your name and email address in the appropriate fields and click “Create Account”.
4. Click on the “Activate Your Account” link in the welcome email you received after signing up. This will activate your account and allow you to begin using AWS features.
5. On the main page of your newly created AWS account, click on the “Region” dropdown menu and select “US East (N. Virginia)”. This will set your default region for all future AWS interactions.
6. In the next screen, click on the “AWS Services” tab and then on the “+ Add Service” button near the bottom of the page. You’ll see
How to host your website on AWS
If you’re looking to host your website on AWS, there are a few things you’ll need to take into account. First, you’ll need an AWS account. Then, you’ll need an SSL certificate and domain from Godaddy. Finally, you’ll need to create a website on AWS. Here’s how to do it:
Sign up for an AWS account. If you don’t have one already, you can get free access by signing up for the AWS Academy. Once you have an AWS account, go to the Console and click on EC2. Under EC2, select instance types and then choose a t2.micro instance type. Click on the Launch button next to your chosen instance type and then fill out the required information, including your name (or alias), region, and confirm your subscription. You will also be prompted to create a security keypair. Copy the public key and paste it into a text editor of your choice.
Note: If you plan on using multiple websites with different domains from this instance, we recommend that you create separate security keys for each website.
Next, create an Amazon S3 bucket for hosting your website files. We recommend setting permissions so that only yourself (or someone
You can host your website on AWS after buying an SSL certificate and domain from Godaddy
To do this, simply follow these steps:
1. Go to https://aws.amazon.com/cloud-services/ and sign in with your Amazon credentials
2. Click on the “Create a Region” button in the upper left corner of the screen
3. Select “US East (Ohio)”: this is where you will be hosting your website
4. Under “AWS Services”, click on “Web Hosting”
5. On the next page, select “A Cloudfront Distribution” from the list of options: this will enable you to use Amazon’s own CDN to speed up page loading times for your visitors
6. Click on the blue button that says “Create Distribution”. This will create a new distribution (in this case it will be called aws-cdn) and add it to your account
7. Next, go to https://godaddy.com/ and purchase a domain name that is optimized for SEO (i.e., without http or https in the URL). Once you’ve purchased the domain name, log in to Godaddy and enter