Best Server Antivirus Software in 2021 (Free and Paid)
Businesses today need a good technological environment. You need to ensure that everything runs smoothly since most professions can be done online or through electronic devices.
But, even the most powerful computers and laptops are not enough. To ensure your business’s success, you need a strong security system as well as more powerful machines to avoid any possible damage that could affect the business.
In this article, you are going to see the importance of the business server and the antivirus which plays a significant role in its protection – let’s start.
What is a Business Server?
Servers are any device or computer that provides services to other networks, customers, or employees.
When it comes to SMBs, having a business server is vital, since it can influence business performance and its development.
If you have multiple employees, the business server can be very useful. It is not recommended that they save the files directly on their computers. Instead, it is recommended to save all data on the central server. Why?
First? A server is stronger than any computer business server that has ECC (Error Correction Code), the memory that detects disc failures and immediately corrects them. Your computer will not suddenly stop working or freeze.
This is a great benefit for webmasters who own a website. There is little chance that your computer will be able to handle a large traffic flow, which is when many people use it simultaneously.
It’s also more secure all your data will be safe on the server and it’s unlikely that anyone could gain access to it. The business server must also be protected. There is antivirus software specifically designed for this purpose.
How do you choose the best server antivirus software?
You can install the antivirus software on your computer. The antivirus software can be installed.For the free trial, you can either try it out and learn how it works or buy it right away. However, it is important to find one that includes some of the following.5 FeaturesBelow are the details:
- Direct malware detection– Serious antivirus will provide quick detection of malware and protection from threats such as trojans and worms.
- SandingThis feature authenticates all processes on the server. It also prevents malicious entities from compromising your computer and causing damage. Unrecognized procedures and apps will automatically be sandboxed, and run with special restrictions.
- HIPS (Host Intrusion Prevention)This option monitors the activity of all apps and processes on the server and stops any malicious activity that could harm the OS, data, or registry keys.
- Virtual DesktopThis is a sandboxing system that allows Internet access and beta-software test without affecting the file structure.
- Rescue DiscThe rescue disc can perform pre-boot antivirus scans and recover passwords. It can also detect and remove rootkits and allow you to convert data from damaged discs to another drive.
20 Best Server Antiviruses in 2021
For those not familiar with server protection, choosing the best server antivirus software can be difficult. There are many antivirus software products available on the market. They all offer the same features, but you will see the differences.8 powerful protection software these are their particularities.
1. Bitdefender GravityZone Endpoint Security
Bitdefender is a market leader in high-quality security products for homes and businesses.
Besides, it offers a series of server antivirus programs, and Bitdefender GravityZone Endpoint Security is one of the most representative software which provides your server with the highest security level.
- Rapid detection without slowdownBitdefender GravityZone is a fast and effective malware detection and removal tool that doesn’t slow down your device.
- Command-Line AnalyzerThis feature prevents Macro and Script-Based Attacks. They are commonly interpreted as trusted MS Office Macro. They use PowerShell to execute scripts and then download malicious code, which is what leads to the attack execution. Bitdefender alerts administrators and blocks running scripts.
- Sandbox AnalyzerBitdefender automatically detects suspicious files and sends them to the cloud Sandbox for further analysis. This ensures that they aren’t able to perform any malicious activity.
- Firewall performance exceptional: It is easy to specify whether or not the firewall has been activated, what kind of traffic is allowed, and what devices can be connected to the system.
- Alerting options for the poor many customers want to be notified via text message or e-mail when Bitdefender detects or quarantines malware.
- Slow scan many users stated that they would like to see scans faster.
The bottom line: Bitdefender GravityZone Enterprise Security is designed for businesses, allowing them to run their business without worrying about their servers’ security. This software has the most advanced features, but it lacks notifications to the user.
2. Comodo Server Antivirus
If you are looking for the best Windows server 2012 antivirus, check out Comodo – the affordable ($19.99 a year for one device) and exceptional solution for your office server protection.
Comodo is a user-friendly platform that’s specifically designed for servers. All its attention is focused on the security of your primary endpoint.
- OTA enrollment–OTA (Over the Air)Enrollment allows you to wirelessly connect and secure mobile devices.
- Host Intrusion Protection System – Comodo has developedHIPSIt can identify and stop malicious files from causing damage. It stops any suspicious activity it finds before it can cause damage.
- Multiple Windows Server OS SupportComodo supports Windows Server OS 2003-2012, including the Small Business edition. It’s therefore available to a wide range of business owners who rely on Windows Server OS.
- ValkyrieValkyrie, Comodo’s cloud-based platform for file analysis and discovery, is the official platform of Comodo. It provides a 100% verdict instantly, including dynamic, static, and human analysis.
- Expert knowledge is required some users have difficulty understanding and installing features such as Comodo KillSwitch or Task Manager.
- It takes a long time to load. Comodo is a very robust software. It takes some time for it to load.
The bottom line: Comodo Server Antivirus, small-business-friendly security software that provides optimal protection for your server’s physical servers, is available. It detects malware quickly and stops it from causing any harm to the system. It does have some limitations, such as being unable to access certain features. However, this is not a major issue since all the necessary options are already installed.
3. Avira Antivirus Server
Avira is popular antivirus software that can be used on both home and office computers.
This is the best option for small businesses. It provides decent security, but it comes at a high price.
Have a look at the characteristics of the Avira Antivirus Server:
- Protection in real-time Avira provides real-time protection, so there is no way for malware to sneak into your computer. Avira is also always up to date, which is vital for stopping new viruses from entering your system.
- Protection of the network this antivirus will protect you. The most common cyber-attacks hackers and webcam spies can steal information from your company. Your company’s data will be completely protected.
- Protection on-demandAvira lets you schedule manual scanning to add an extra layer of security.
- Anti-BotnetBotnet is one of the most severe cyberattacks known. However, Avira can prevent them from being executed. It will prevent communication between your device, the command center, and your endpoints from being hacked.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019 is not supported Aviva needs at least Windows 2008, the latest updates. Windows 2019 is not supported yet. It is not compatible with users of older or current versions of the OS.
- Protection capabilities need to be updated: Sometimes, Avira fails to recognize malware that could compromise your endpoint and allows it to enter the system.
The bottom line: Avira is a trusted source of protection for servers, and it’s suitable for small businesses. It can also cause compatibility problems due to its relatively low system requirements. Additionally, the price may not be suitable for everyone.
4. Kaspersky Endpoint Security Cloud Plus
Kaspersky is a must-have when it comes to antivirus software. It has to offer an exceptional cloud-based service that will protect your server from any ransomware or zero-day attacks.
Check out the features of Kaspersky Endpoint Security Cloud Plus:
- Management of patchesKaspersky will automatically install and patch the necessary patches, and update the software to prevent hackers from exploiting the malware.
- Prevention of ransomware and exploit Kaspersky detects and stops any ransomware or malware that could cause damage to your computer system or steal your data.
- Mobile protection this Windows server antivirus also offers mobile security. You can get two mobile licenses for free by purchasing the package.
- Advanced vulnerability scan Kaspersky has a unique tool to detect and eliminate vulnerabilities in your system. It also provides recommendations on how you can fix them.
- No less than 10 servers you have 8 employees or less, you will not be able to purchase the service. The price for the coverage would be $685 annually for 10 servers.
- Reporting is poorThe users would like to see better reporting capabilities for software that is as expensive as Kaspersky.
Bottom line: Kaspersky is in the best possible light. You can access your data from anywhere, anytime with the cloud-based essentials. Although the software is not suitable for small businesses, it will be acceptable by large enterprises.
5. Windows Defender AV (Built-In)
If you are looking for free server antivirus, then the Windows Defender AV is the best option for you.
Because it is a built-in program, it doesn’t need to be installed. However, you have the option of disabling it to discontinue using its services.
- Microsoft Azure provides stronger protection you can integrate Windows DefenderMicrosoft AzureAzure will control the traffic to your domain. Windows Defender will monitor your endpoint and provide you with more security.
- It is easy to disable you can disable Windows Defender by clicking one button.
- Multiple devices protection Windows Defender allows you to protect more devices, servers, and endpoints. It will also protect your business data from advanced threats.
- No hidden fees: Windows Defender is preinstalled and doesn’t require that you upgrade to paid plans. It is completely free and suitable for small businesses just starting their business.
- Impossible to deinstallYou can’t stop the program at any time, but some users don’t like the absence of a deinstall option. The Windows Defender will stop if you have another antivirus installed, but it will continue to work.
- You may need more customization options that have some very good features, but users want more customization options to allow them to tailor the software to their needs.
Bottom line windows Defender 2016 is a great antivirus that provides decent protection. It is free, built-in, and doesn’t need any additional installation, which makes it a great choice for business owners. The problem is the inability to uninstall the software. However, you can pause the program if you don’t use it.
Windows Defender is also available. Only free server antivirus products offer a free trial but you will need to pay full price once the trial expires.