Automation Anywhere Interview Questions & Answers (2022)
Here are some sample Automation Anywhere interview questions for both freshmen and experienced candidates to help them land their desired position.
1) What is the definition of automation?
An automation approach is a method of making devices, a process, or a system perform functions on their own.
2) What is Automation Anywhere, and how does it work?
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) vendor Automation Anywhere is one of the most well-known RPA suppliers, providing strong and user-friendly RPA capabilities to automate any difficult operations.
It is a groundbreaking piece of technology that has the potential to completely transform the way businesses operate. This solution combines traditional robotic process automation with intellectual features such as natural language comprehension and the ability to comprehend any unstructured data.
3) What exactly are BOT insights?
Essentially, BOT insights is a tool that displays statistics and display graphs to allow users to analyse the performance of each bot in the system. You may also calculate how much time you have saved as a result of the automation process in this section.
Predict the most essential factors that will be considered in the evaluation of the scripting standard for automated testing.
The following are important factors to consider when evaluating the scripting standard for automation testing: there should be optimal system utilisation wherever possible, the automation testing script should have a consistent naming tradition, administration, and error handling module, and the script should be easy to read and understand.
Which features of Automation Anywhere do you like to know more about?
The following are some of the features of Automation Anywhere:
- Business and information technology tasks can be automated with artificial intelligence.
- SMART Automation Technology is utilised.
- Automates complex and time-consuming tasks in a short period of time.
- Create automation activities, such as capturing keyboard strokes and mouse clicks, to help you save time.
- Distribute tasks over a number of computers.
- It is possible to automate without using scripts with Automation Anywhere.
- Automatic login allows you to carry out scheduled actions at any time, even while the computer is locked.
- Name Subversion (SVN) is a version control system that can be used anywhere and for any purpose.
Apache Subversion (SVN) is a version control system that is used in automation and for maintaining a repository.
7) Anywhere you may find a list of browsers that are supported by Automation.
The following browsers are supported by Automation anywhere:
CHROME 49 and above are OK.
FIREFOXES 45, 46, and 47
Internet Explorer 10 and 11.
8) Can you list the commands that are used for error handling in the Automation Anywhere software?
The following are the commands that are used for error management in Automation Anywhere:
1) Begin handling errors and debugging.
2) Bring Error Handling to a close.
9) What are the variables that have been predefined?
The predefined variables are system variables that are offered by Automation Anywhere in order to automate any task that is performed on the computer.
10) What is the purpose of the OCR command in the context of image recognition?
The OCR command is used to do the following:
Provide a picture to use.
Choose the OCR Engine and enter a threshold amount to determine the accuracy of the results.
Create a variable to hold the value of the text that was extracted.
11) What exactly is object cloning in the context of automation?
The object cloning command is used to duplicate objects and a variety of their characteristics, such as their type, name, value, and path, in a single operation.
12) In Microsoft Excel, how do you compare two rows of data?
By adding a unique serial number or ID to each row in Excel, it is possible to compare two rows at the same time.
13. What is the difference between the text that is set and the text that is appended?
The set text will insert the most recent data while removing any previous data, but the add text will only insert data and will not remove any previous data, as opposed to the set text.
14) What is the purpose of triggers in Automation Anywhere?
The manager is launched when a trigger is added, deleted, or edited. Triggers can also be enabled or disabled. Triggers are utilised throughout Automation Anywhere.
15) Can you explain what you mean by QTP?
Its abbreviation is QTP, which stands for Quick test professional, and it is an automation tool that is used in testing settings.
16) Identify activities that can be automated.
Things that can be automated include: automation behind a graphical user interface, build deployment, a smoke sanity test suite, and the production of test data.
17) Provide a list of the various Automation Anywhere recorders.
The three types of recorders available in Automation Anywhere are: 1) the easy recorder, 2) the object recorder, and 3) the online recording.
18) In Automation Anywhere, make mention of app integration instructions.
The following commands are available for app integration in Automation Anywhere: browser, Java Applet, and DOS command prompt.
19) What is a workflow designer, and how does one become one?
When creating a process flow diagram in a graphical environment, the workflow designer is extremely useful. It can be used to create tasks that are automatically executed within the software.
20) Why are String Operation Commands utilised in Automation Anywhere, and Where Do They Come From?
String operation commands in Automation Anywhere can be used to perform a variety of tasks, including the following:
21) Specify the subcommands that are available through Terminal Emulator.
The following are the subcommands that are provided by Terminal Emulator:
22) What exactly does the Enterprise Control Room do?
It is from the Enterprise Control Room that all of the automation projects can be managed because it contains the primary dashboards. The Enterprise Control Room is a centralised location for controlling, protecting, and collaborating.
The following are the different types of Bots in Automation Anywhere.
When working with Bots in Automation Anywhere, there are three basic types to consider:
Task Bots: Task bots are bots that automate a rule-based, repetitive task in a variety of areas such as document administration, human resources, claims management, information technology services, and other areas. This results in an immediate increase in productivity, a reduction in errors, and a reduction in costs.
Meta Bots: Meta bots are the building blocks of automated systems. It is constructed in such a way that, in the event of an application update or change, you will only need to make minor modifications to the bot. Changes are automatically applied to any processes that make use of that bot.
IQBOT is a technologically advanced tool. It has the ability to learn on its own and perform a task in accordance with its learning. IQ Bot provides automation through the use of cutting-edge cognitive technology. It is based on the concept of organising unstructured data while simultaneously improving the skills and performance of the organisation.
24) What exactly is the function of the Bot Runner?
Bot Runners are a type of machine that is used to run Bots on a computer system. There is a possibility of running Bots in parallel with one another. In order to run any Bot, you must first obtain a run licence. A failure that occurs during the process is reported back to the control room for further investigation.
25) Provide a list of applications in which Automation Anywhere is used.
The following are examples of applications in which Automation anywhere is used:
Accounting includes tasks such as invoice processing, reporting, and auditing.
Human Resources: Using PeopleSoft to automate tasks. Email notifications are being generated.
Operations and information technology (IT): creating accounts, software setup, batch processing, system integrations, and so on.
Create and print invoices, update and delete customer data in the CRM, and add, modify, and remove customer data from the CRM.
Marketing: Creating lead generation reports and monitoring social sentiment are some of the responsibilities.
Inventory control in the manufacturing industry. Excel automation is possible. Integration with the ERP system.
26) Describe the different types of recorders available in Automation Anywhere.
The following are the different types of recorders available in Automation Anywhere:
Screen Recorder: It is used for desktop-based applications when a task requires a large number of clicks to be completed.
A feasible approach for developing tasks, Smart Recorder is applicable for both desktop and web-based applications.
Web Recorder: This recorder is useful for tasks that require repetitive actions and can be implemented for web-based applications. It is applicable for tasks that require repetitive actions and can be implemented for web-based applications.
27) Identify two tools that can be used for Automated Testing in any location.
The following tools can be used for Automation anywhere testing: 1) Rational Robot, and 2) QTP (Quick Test Pro).
The following are the different types of frameworks that are utilised by the Automation Anywhere software.
In the Automation Anywhere software, there are four major frameworks that are utilised. These are:
1) A framework for keyword-driven automation.
2) A framework for data-driven automation.
3) A framework for hybrid automation.
4) A framework for modular automation.
29) Why is the wait command a good command?
It is beneficial to use the command wait because it provides two options: 1) Wait for the window to appear, and 2) Wait for the screen to change.
30) How do I create time stamps for an Automation Anywhere task that I’m working on?
Stamps can be created by combining system variables such as the year, day, hour, month, minute, and second to create a single stamp.
31) Provide a list of the commands that are used in Automation Anywhere
The following are the commands that are used for Automation Anywhere:
Cloning an object
DB commands are a type of command.
Integration of PDF documents
Message box (indicated by a chevron)
Commands sent via email
Excel functions and formulas
32) What is the procedure for adding and removing clients from the Control Room?
In Automation Anywhere Control Room, the user management tab allows you to add or remove clients from the Control Room. To do so, navigate to the user management tab. Users can deactivate or reactivate any client by selecting the appropriate option from the actions drop-down menu.
33) What is the best way to create logs in Automation Anywhere?
In order to print your logs to an external file of your choice, you can use the LOGTOFILE command, which will append or replace the log’s timestamp with one of your choosing.
34) What exactly is app integration in the context of Automation Anywhere?
App Integration gives you the ability to work with a variety of applications such as DOS, browsers, Java applets, UNIX shells, and others.
35) Provide a list of the looping commands that are available in Automation Anywhere.
The following looping commands are available in Automation Anywhere:
Begin the loop
Come to an end of the loop
Exit the loop
Continuation of the loop
36) Describe the various types of variables that can be found in the Task Editor.
There are several different types of variables available in the Task editor, including:
37) Describe the various error-handling options that are available.
The following are some of the error handling options available:
There was an error number.
Description of the error
Continuation or termination of the task
Take a photograph
Send a message via email
Carry out another task
38) What is the best way to lock, shutdown, and restart a machine using Automation Everywhere?
Controlling machines using Automation Anywhere can be accomplished through the use of the SYSTEM command, which is accessible through the sub-menu.
39) What exactly is the purpose of a variable in Automation Anywhere.
Variables can assist programmers in retrieving online data and transforming it between two or more applications, such as Microsoft Office Excel. For each task, Automation Anywhere is designed with a variety of different types of variables that can be defined by the user.
40) Specify the command that is used to keep the BOT extension active.
It is possible to use the delay command to pause the BOT execution for a specified amount of time and then resume it later.